Help promote CAAWS’ thought leadership on gender equity and sport, and to advance gender equity solutions within sport and physical activity organizations in Canada.
Job posting: Senior Program Manager (Until March 2019, with possibility of extension)
The Senior Program Manager will apply their subject matter expertise and skilled program management to help promote CAAWS’ thought leadership on gender equity and sport, and to advance gender equity solutions within sport and physical activity organizations in Canada.
Education, Training and Experience
- Degree in a related discipline, preferably at the graduate level (Master’s degree or higher), with a minimum of ten years’ experience in program/project management or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of gender equity principles and their applications within a Canadian sport and physical activity context
- Ability to competently and independently manage major multi-year programs/projects, including design, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to design and deliver compelling presentations and workshops to educate and engage sport and physical activity leaders in gender equity
- Ability to develop evidence-based resources and tools for the sector, reflecting strong professional research and writing skills for a variety of audiences
- Ability to provide expert advice and consultation to sport and physical activity leaders and organizations on advancing gender equity in their policies, practices and programs
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to inform decision-making as part of the CAAWS Team
- A portfolio of past projects that demonstrate proficiency at independently delivering high quality, high impact initiatives that meet organizational and funder expectations
- Proficiency with the gender equity subject matter, including a solid grounding in the body of research and practice
- Experience working collaboratively/in partnership with other organizations, and skill at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches and relationship management
- Experience working or volunteering in the Canadian sport and physical activity system
- Strong alignment with CAAWS’ values
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit with an appetite for building internal organizational capacity for impact
- A passion for driving change for women and sport
- A strong team orientation
- Bilingual (Strong written and oral skills in French and English)
Details of the role
- Full-time position to March 31, 2019 with possibility of extension
- Based in Toronto at the CAAWS office
- Salary range for this role is $70,000 – $80,000, plus comprehensive health benefits
About the CAAWS Team
- CAAWS’ vision is to achieve equity for women in society through the power of sport. We are dedicated to creating and equitable and inclusive sport and physical activity system that empowers women and girls—as participants and leaders—within and through sport
- CAAWS is the only national organization focused on systemic change for women and sport. We achieve this through partnership, working closely with sport and physical activity leaders and organizations, governments, and other influencers
- In joining this team, you will play a lead role in fulfilling the organization’s focus on building knowledge, shifting mindsets, and building competence as a thought leader and solutions partner within the sport system
- You will be part of a small, growing staff team, amplified by an exceptional Board of Directors, long-standing contractors, and a network of champions and volunteers
- The perfect fit for this role is motivated by the mission and has a keen interest in engaging others in being part of the solution. You are personable, hard-working and ready to roll up your sleeves to help build and scale ideas, initiatives and the organization. You understand the realities of working in a small organization, can thrive in the midst of ambiguity and change, and are a team player in the pursuit of shared goals.
Submitting Your Interest
CAAWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their specific interest in the role and highlighting relevant experience, one to two samples of their work (in links or attachments) and their resume via email to:
Attention: CAAWS Team
Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (CAAWS)
970 Queen Street, PO Box 98162 Toronto