CAAWS’s Women and Leadership Program consists of a series of six professional development sessions that blend theory with practical applications, and provide an opportunity for women working or volunteering in the sport or physical activity sector to share experiences, reflect on ideas and apply specific techniques. These workshops are highly relevant for today’s young professionals and experienced leaders. The sessions also allow for networking opportunities among participants.
CAAWS Women and Leadership Workshops are eligible for NCCP PD Points.
For information about upcoming Leadership Workshops visit the CAAWS Events Calendar
For CAAWS workshop facilitators and delivery partners click here
Contact email@example.com to book a workshop today!
Women and Leadership Workshop Descriptions
In the workplace, effective communication is the foundation for better job performance and relationship building. After this workshop participants will be more strategic and efficient in their communication.
- Consider the importance of your personal brand
- Learn about four distinct communication styles, and identify your preferred style
- Discuss electronic communication and social media etiquette, and how to avoid common pitfalls
Conflict, in its many forms, is an inevitable part of our personal and professional lives. This workshop will ensure participants can understand and resolve conflict professionally.
- Consider sources of conflict and the cost of leaving conflict unresolved
- Consider five styles for dealing with conflict, identify your preferred style, and discuss situations when each style should be employed
- Review tips for effective conflict management
Whether influencing change in your organization, across the sport and physical activity system, or more broadly in society, this workshop will provide participants with theory and practical tools for success.
- Identify elements of effective change movements
- Review tips for being heard and improving your listening skills
- Discuss approaches on how to influence others
For many women, balancing the demands of work, family, friends, and personal time is a challenge. This workshop will provide participants with an opportunity to explore a variety of strategies to add more balance to their lives.
- Examine your priorities and what “balance” means to you
- Explore key dimensions that can help or hinder life balance
- Learn strategies and collect tips to help you experience balance
Strong networking skills can be a valuable tool, both personally and professionally. From building organizational partnerships to knowing about upcoming events, building your network is a long-term investment with great payoffs.
- Explore the value of networking
- Discuss in-person and online networks
- Identify strategies to build and maintain your network
Leading with Confidence
This workshop is designed to uplift the skills of the next generation of Canadian sport leaders – university and college aged young women involved in sport and physical activity (e.g. varsity athletes, kinesiology or sport management students).
During this interactive two-hour workshop, participants will explore the experiences of female leaders, reflect on the value of sport and physical activity in their leadership journey, and consider how they can further develop their skills to be strong leaders now and in the future.
• Examine the equity gap in Canada’s sport leadership
• Focus on confidence as an essential leadership skill
• Discuss how to communicate with confidence
Host a Workshop
CAAWS Workshop Facilitators are available for a variety of professional development events, including conferences, staff training, and AGMs. CAAWS workshops can also be hosted as stand-alone community events. CAAWS provides resources for distribution to workshop participants, and coordinates an appropriate facilitator (workshop facilitators are available across the country). Occasionally CAAWS has subsidies available to support facilitator honoraria, travel, and other hosting expenses. Sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay in the loop on future opportunities.