Applications are now closed.
CAAWS is seeking a full-time communications coordinator to provide communications, marketing and administrative support to our growing team.
This multi-faceted, high-impact position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with staff, contractors, Board members and other external stakeholders.
The individual in this role holds key responsibility for the organization’s corporate communications, with emphasis on digital and social media, public relations and other strategic communication initiatives that drive brand awareness and measurable engagement with the organization and its offerings. The Communications and Administration Coordinator is also responsible for office administration, enabling the organization’s day-to-day work with a focus on modernizing and streamlining administrative functions. As this role is part of a small staff team, flexibility to take on other tasks as need be is expected.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinate the organization’s communications and marketing activities:
- Research and develop informative and engaging content, including press releases, social media posts, web copy, blog posts and related materials
- Manage digital assets (website, social media, e-newsletter, database) and deliver on targets for content and reach
- Support the creation of a communications strategy and plan, and lead its implementation
- Reporting on communications outcomes
- Lead marketing activities
- Lead media relations
- Respond to inbound communications, with responsibility for the main email and phone accounts
- Other duties and projects as need be
Lead office administration, supporting the goal of operational excellence:
- Carry out general administration tasks to ensure the smooth function of the office environment and team
- Coordinate and support the Board of Directors’ meetings
- Manage vendor relationships
Recruit and manage interns and volunteers:
- Recruit 1-2 interns on a recurring basis
- Manage intern(s), providing an excellent experience and strong value for the organization
- Recruit and manage other volunteers, as need be
Serve as an ambassador for the organization
- Represent CAAWS at events and conferences, through booths and networking
- Deliver presentations, with training and support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Experience using social media and social media management tools
- Strong professional and persuasive communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Experience with project coordination
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, producing work on schedule
- Commitment to exceptional quality
- Demonstrated ownership, initiative, accountability and problem-solving
- Familiarity with the basics of design
- Flexible, adaptable and resourceful
- A positive attitude and great interpersonal skills
- Professional oral and written ability in both Official Languages is a strong asset
- Previous work or volunteer experience in the Canadian sport system is an asset
- This is a full-time position on a one-year contract, to be reviewed annually with possibility of renewal.
- Salary is commensurate with experience, within a range of $37,500 to $42,500, along with health benefits and 15 vacation days.
- The position is based in Toronto and is available to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CAAWS is the leading authority and national voice for women and sport, and the only national, nonprofit organization focused on systemic change for women and sport. The organization is dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive sport and physical activity system that empowers women and girls— as participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systematic change, we partner with governments, organizations and leaders to challenge the status quo and to advance solutions that result in measurable change.