The 2019 WISE Fund application process will open on November 1st and close on November 30th 2018. Grant recipients will be announced in March of 2019. Check back here or sign up for our CAAWS ENews to receive more information.
We encourage you to review the goals of the WISE Fund in About the Program and to consider how your initiative aligns with those priorities before you apply.
To be eligible for a WISE grant, applicants must meet the following criteria and fit into one of two categories:
You are representing a club/team affiliated with a provincial/territorial or national sport organization in Canada
You are applying on behalf of a provincial, territorial, national, or multi-sport organization who has a partnership affiliation with Sport Canada
You are a woman who is a coach, official, sport administrator, instructor, or volunteer who interacts with girls and women in a sport
affiliated personally or through a club/team with a provincial/territorial, national, or multi-sport organization in Canada
- Read the application categories above and ensure that your application satisfies all requirements before applying.
- Organizations applying for grants must review the Actively Engaging Women and Girls: Addressing the Psycho-Social Factors report.
- Organizations applying for grants must also select what stage of the LTAD framework their program will focus on.
- Applications must be submitted electronically using the online application form.
- Remember to provide complete contact information; to select which category you want to apply in; to answer all questions fully; and, to agree to the disclaimer.
- Save a copy of your application before submitting.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, CAAWS will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your application. Only applicants who are shortlisted or selected as recipients will receive a notification.
Note: Due to restrictions on CAAWS’ funding from Sport Canada, the WISE Fund is not intended to support physical activity projects and recreational initiatives.