Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2019.
Term: 1-year contract to March 31, 2020 (with possibility of extension)
The Program Coordinator will apply their versatile skill set to support the development and implementation of projects and initiatives that build knowledge, change attitudes and develop competency for gender equity and sport in Canada.
Education, Training and Experience
Degree in a related discipline, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in program/project management or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with the core elements of program coordination
- Ability to multitask effectively with a high degree of organization to advance several projects to completion simultaneously
- High attention to detail, with an ability to work quickly and produce high quality outputs
- Demonstrated tendency to take initiative and ownership over tasks and projects
- Strong communication skills, including ability to develop written content within projects
- Proficiency in the use of technology to accomplish project objectives
- Flexibility in adapting to changes, including ability to pivot quickly as need be
- Ability to apply innovative thinking to inform decision-making as part of the CAAWS Team
- Strong alignment with CAAWS’ values
- Experience coordinating projects that meet or exceed expectations
- Experience working collaboratively/in partnership with others
- A creative, entrepreneurial style with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset and an appetite for building new ways of doing things
- Commitment to learning and growing in the role
- Passion for driving change for women and sport
- Bilingual (Strong written and oral skills in French and English)
- Experience working or volunteering in the Canadian sport and physical activity system
- Knowledge of gender equity as a subject matter, whether from a research or practice angle
Details of the role
- Full-time position to March 31, 2020, with possibility of extension
- Based in Toronto at the CAAWS office
- Salary range for this role is $40,000 to $50,000, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive health benefits provided
About the CAAWS Team
- CAAWS’ vision is to achieve equity for women in society through the power of sport. We are dedicated to creating and equitable and inclusive sport and physical activity system that empowers women and girls—as participants and leaders—within and through sport
- CAAWS is the only national organization focused on systemic change for women and sport. We achieve this through partnership, working closely with sport and physical activity leaders and organizations, governments, and other influencers
- In joining this team, you will play a lead role in fulfilling the organization’s focus on building knowledge, shifting mindsets, and developing competency within the sport system
- You will be part of a small, growing staff team, amplified by an exceptional Board of Directors, long-standing contractors, and a network of champions and volunteers
- The perfect fit for this role is motivated by the mission and has a keen interest in engaging others in being part of the solution. You are personable, hard-working and ready to roll up your sleeves to help build and scale ideas, initiatives and the organization. You understand the realities of working in a small organization, can thrive in the midst of ambiguity and change, and are a team player in the pursuit of shared goals.
Submitting Your Interest
CAAWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their specific interest in the role and highlighting relevant experience and their resume via email to: email@example.com. Please indicate the title of the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2019. Submissions will be reviewed on rolling basis upon receipt.