Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2019.
Term: 1-year contract to March 2020, with possibility of extension
The Program Manager will apply their considerable program management skills and experience to design and implement a series of projects and initiatives that contribute tangibly to building knowledge, changing attitudes and developing competency for gender equity and sport in Canada.
Education, Training and Experience
Degree in a related discipline, with a minimum of five to ten years’ experience in program/project management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to competently manage several, simultaneous multi-year programs/projects, including design, implementation, and evaluation
- Knowledge of gender equity principles and their applications within a Canadian sport and physical activity context
- Competence at recruiting and retaining program stakeholders
- Ability to develop evidence-based resources and tools designed to influence behaviour, reflecting strong research and versatile writing skills
- Skill at persuasive communication, including the ability to design and deliver interactive presentations to educate and engage
- Ability to apply innovative thinking to inform planning and decisions
- Strong alignment with CAAWS’ values
- A portfolio of past projects that demonstrate proficiency at delivering high quality, results-focused initiatives that meet organizational and funder expectations
- Solid knowledge of gender equity as a subject matter, including a grounding in the body of research and practice
- Experience working collaboratively/in partnership with others, and skill at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches and relationship management
- Proficiency with collection, analysis and interpretation of data, including the ability to present it effectively to stakeholders
- A strong process-orientation, with the ability to develop detailed plans reflecting a logical progression
- Aptitude for leveraging technological solutions in the design and delivery of programs
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit with a solutions-oriented mindset and an appetite for building new ways of doing things
- A keen interest in driving change for women and sport and in sport for development
- Experience working or volunteering in the Canadian sport and physical activity system
- A strong team orientation
- Bilingual (Strong written and oral skills in French and English)
- Familiarity with e-learning and the related considerations for project design
Details of the role
- Full-time position to March 31, 2020, with possibility of extension
- Based in Toronto at the CAAWS office (though applicants based in Ottawa will be considered)
- Salary range for this role is $60,000-70,000, plus comprehensive health benefits
About the CAAWS Team
- CAAWS’ vision is to achieve equity for women in society through the power of sport. We are dedicated to creating and equitable and inclusive sport and physical activity system that empowers women and girls—as participants and leaders—within and through sport
- CAAWS is the only national organization focused on systemic change for women and sport. We achieve this through partnership, working closely with sport and physical activity leaders and organizations, governments, and other influencers
- In joining this team, you will play a lead role in fulfilling the organization’s focus on building knowledge, shifting mindsets, and developing competency as a solutions partner within the sport system
- You will be part of a small, growing staff team, amplified by an exceptional Board of Directors, long-standing contractors, and a network of champions and volunteers
- The perfect fit for this role is motivated by the mission and has a keen interest in engaging others in being part of the solution. You are personable, hard-working and ready to roll up your sleeves to help build and scale ideas, initiatives and the organization. You understand the realities of working in a small organization, can thrive in the midst of ambiguity and change, and are a team player in the pursuit of shared goals.
Submitting Your Interest
CAAWS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to hiring a workforce inclusive of the diverse population it serves.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their specific interest in the role and highlighting relevant experience, one to two samples of their work (in links or attachments) and their resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the title of the role you are applying for in the subject line.
Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2019. Submissions will be reviewed on rolling basis upon receipt.